4 ounces whole-wheat linguini
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 cloves minced garlic
6 green onions, sliced
1 pound large Northern shrimp
3 cups fresh spinach, kale, arugula, or other cooking green
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook pasta according to directions on the box.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and the greens and continue to cook until they have cooked through (shorter for young, delicate greens and longer for hardy greens like kale).
3. Add the green onions and shrimp, and cook until shrimp starts turning pink.
4. Add white wine and lemon juice and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat and sprinkle with lemon zest and parsley.
6. Serve with 1/2-cup pasta per serving.
Nutrition Content (per serving)
289 calories, 6 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 26 g carbohydrates, 2 g sugars, 6 g fiber, 29 g protein, 225 mg sodium