As you remember from last season, special events are a highlight of the Bowdoin Geneva Farmers Market. We’re thrilled to announce our schedule of special events for the 2013 season. Our special events are scheduled for the Third Thursday of each month (with a few extras thrown in just for some extra fun).
We can’t wait to start another fantastic season bringing the freshest, healthiest food to our neighborhood. See you at the market!
Where: 230 Bowdoin Street, Dorchester
Parking lot of the Bowdoin Street Health Center
When: THURSDAYS, 2:30-6:30pm
June 20th through October 31st (closed July 4th)
SPECIAL EVENT SCHEDULE:
- Healthy Summer Kick-Off – June 20th
- Start your summer off right with loads of fun farmers market festivities. Take the “Soda-Free Summer” pledge, get active, and find all sorts of information about summer opportunities for youth and adults.
- Family Fun Day – July 18th
- Join us as we celebrate Bowdoin Geneva’s families with special guests Vegetable Circus. Facepainting, kids’ games, and other activities and giveaways abound! Co-sponsored by the Family Nurturing Center/Dorchester CARES.
- Celebrate the Fruits of Our Ocean – August 8th
- Come by to watch the biggest seafood throwdown in Bowdoin Geneva history in honor of the amazing local seafood available at the market. Co-sponsored by the Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness and the Northwest Atlantic Marine Alliance.
- Senior Celebration – August 15th
- Each year, we honor the seniors and grandparents of our community with a special event especially for them. Live music, raffle prizes, and discounts for seniors are hallmarks of this great market day.
- Fall Fair for Teens – September 19th
- Join us for a market day geared towards our neighborhood’s youth complete with teen employment opportunities, social media plugs, music, health information. Co-sponsored by Boston Youth Fund and Catholic Charities Teen Center at St. Peter’s.
- National Food Day – October 24th
- Food Day is a nationwide celebration and a movement for healthy, affordable, and sustainable food. For a third consecutive year, Bowdoin Geneva will be a hub for community members to pledge their support and celebrate together. Co-sponsored by Food Day MA.
- Halloween Harvest Festival – October 31st
- “Trick-or-Treat” at the market this Halloween. Come in costume to earn prizes or make your way to our facepainting booth for a touch up! Vegetable Circus is back as we celebrate the end to a fantastic market season.
We’re still seeking volunteers, guest vendors, co-sponsors, and entertainers for many of these days, so if you’re interested in taking part, please call our market manager, Maura Beaufait at 617-754-0026.